Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Norton AntiVirus 2005 treats Radmin as a Virus ??!

From: Harlan Carvey <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:40:07 -0700 (PDT)

becasue i found that many AV marked it as HACKTOOL
,not only norton
as someone has said ,AV vendors need a lawyer  :)

I don't get it...AV vendors each have their own naming
scheme, and decide what and how to detect malware.
You purchase the product, and then decide that the AV
vendors need a lawyer...based on what?

How about doing a better job of troubleshooting the
issue?  How long have malware authors been changing
the names of files?  However, long it's been, those
admining the machines don't seem to be catching on...

=====