Full Disclosure mailing list archives

[Full-Disclosure] RE: Full-disclosure digest, Vol 1 #2001 - 32 msgs

From: "Daniel Sichel" <daniels () Ponderosatel com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:05:55 -0700

In that case, I assume you are using IPSEC with shared secrets instead
of certificates, no?

You got that right. A cerificate is only as good as the server that
issued it, and the directory it's in. Which in the case of Winblows is
not good enough. Therefore my shared secrets are kept in a directory
never shared, secured to the user and admin only, and maintained by
yours truly. If I could use OpenBSD clients instead, I would, but my
boss won't by off on a pure thin client solution.

Dan S.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html