Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Why is IRC still around?

From: dk <dk () pwarchitects com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:42:04 -0600

Danny wrote:

Sorry to offend those that use IRC legitimately (LOL - find something
else to chat with your buddies), but why the hell are we not pushing
to sunset IRC?
Many people use IRC; and still do. It's a legitimate medium I've used since the 80's for it's intended purpose. Your "abolish" idea is, to be honest, a bit simplistic don't you think? Let's just cut through the proselytizing and ban this whole "Internet" thing, that'll stop 'em. :)

What would IT be like today without IRC (or the like)? Am I narrow
minded to say that it would be a much safer place?
Path of least resistance. If not IRC another venue would be used.

--
dk

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html