Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: IE is just as safe as FireFox

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:19:06 -0600

I agree with you, maybe good coding was the wrong word. But you got the
idea.

IE isn't part of the OS in Microsoft mind...but it is in the customers.
You get a new computer and you hear on the TV, not to use IE...because
it has holes. A good customer does the right thing and gets another
browser and uses that.  Not knowing that Outlook and IE problem can hurt
them anyways. Microsoft doesn't show separate to the customer - why?
Because they people believe want stuff all connected together, which is
true. Most of the customers don't see what is happening and it takes
professional like us to get the ball rolling...to protect them and us.

Microsoft made a bold step by changing security in SP2. It was going to
break stuff...and it was stupid to see people yell about that. They told
us it would, we knew it would. I am glad to see they are starting to
take steps toward a better systems, but Microsoft has room for
improvement to say the least.