Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Sasser author

From: Harlan Carvey <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:18:26 -0700 (PDT)

Serge,

I agree with you, as well...but I think at some point,
we (and by "we", I mean the CxOs responsible to the
Boards of companies for the operation and function of
those entities...) really need to start heading "best
practices".  The Principle of Least Privilege wasn't
something that just spang into existance yesterday.

You're right...according to our laws, it is a crime.
But that doesn't mean that we have to be victims...

--- "Serge van Ginderachter (svgn)" <svgn () orbid be>
wrote:

I agree...to a point.

Sasser violates poorly designed/implemented
network
infrastructures.

Correct, but that does not make it less a crime.

If I forget to lock my car, it does not make it
right to steal it. I'm
stupid, yes, and my insurance won't pay me back, but
it still is a crime.

Serge

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: