Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Calcuating Loss

From: Harlan Carvey <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 08:37:30 -0700 (PDT)

Clint...

Two words..."testing process".  What happened to that?
 Don't tell me you're installing patches directly to
production systems...

--- Clint Bodungen <clint () secureconsulting com> wrote:
How about when Micro$oft releases a bundled patch
(cough cough MS04-011) to
fix several bugs and security holes (supposedly to
help "minimize loss" from
these bugs and worms) only to find out that the
patch itself has broken just
as many services as it fixed, taking down one's
server for a few hours,
causing yet... more loss!  ;-)