Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Ancient Trivia: +++ath0

From: Luke Scharf <lscharf () aoe vt edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:48:59 -0500

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 21:30, cstone wrote:
* = Hayes has a patent on a scheme to protect against unintentional
triggering of the escape sequence; on their modems, you have to
wait a specific amount of time before and after the +++ before
issuing a command.

Doh!  I thought that there was an easier way to escape the escape
sequence.  Too much Unix -- '\+\+\+' :-)

But, still, isn't a string of characters that the modem won't transfer
something that the communications system on a PC should handle?

Anyway, I'm starting to get nostalgic about the old BBS days -- maybe I
should put my old one up again?  But, they just haven't the same since I
started using the WWW, and telnet BBSs just don't do it for me.

-Luke

--
Luke Scharf, Systems Administrator
Virginia Tech Aerospace and Ocean Engineering

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html