Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Comcast using IPS to protect the Internet from their home user clients?

From: Ron DuFresne <dufresne () winternet com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:52:03 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Maarten wrote:

        [SNIP]

Soon after discovering this I ditched them (as I needed to run my own servers
anyway) and I'm very glad my new ISP can be trusted to not fsck up something
on my line without telling me upfront.  I'm not personally against ISPs
filtering, that would fix a lot of problems with compromised boxes, but they
should allow for non-clueless people to still run their servers, for instance
by a configurable setting in the ISPs' service pages.

Many do, some providers are dividing their offerings into residential/home
accounts and business accounts.  Still others only provide such on co-lo
accounts.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
        ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html