Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: USB Auto run function

From: "Aditya, ALD [ Aditya Lalit Deshmukh ]" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway technolabs net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:06:44 +0530

I have been interested in a potential exploit that may or may not be an
issue, I read lately that a potential malicious file could enter a system
via a USB Memory stick with a structured autorun.pif , and this file would
operate even if the screen lock is activated .

this is true only for cdroms where the autorun has been enabled, winxp does scan for the removable drives but does not
run the program based on the autorun but the type of files on the reemovable drive

-aditya
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
éb½êÞvë"žaxZÞx÷«²‰Ú”Gb¶*'¡óŠ[kj¯ðÃæj)m­ªÿr‰ÿ

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html