Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Anti-MS drivel

From: Tobias Weisserth <tobias () weisserth de>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:43:03 +0100

Hi Greg,

Am Do, den 22.01.2004 schrieb Gregh um 07:21:

That has nothing to do with ANYTHING. If I install a keylogger on YOUR
computer and you DONT know about it and let's say your bank was at
www.bank.com and your account name was BOB and password was 123ghqofc0
right? Now you have just gone to the bank's web site and have typed, in
plain text on your keyboard, that username and password. Where does
CRYPTOGRAPHY stop that being recorded as you TYPE it and later sent
elsewhere? Surely you know what a keylogger IS dont you?

You couldn't do a thing with the account information of a European
online bankin account. You need a new TAN number for every transaction
you make. Even changing personal data of the account settings requires a
TAN.

No keylogger in the world can make you use this account if you haven't
the TANs.

Delivering TANs may be a "low tech" measure but it works. There hasn't
been a single reported incident of online banking fraud I know of.

For the rest, you have read my views in most other mails,

cheers,
Tobias

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html