Full Disclosure mailing list archives

YA VISA fishing scam

From: "Andrew Thomas" <andrewt () nmh co za>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:04:29 +0200

I have forwarded on the details of this to abuse () ev1 net (hosting the
netblock that hosts the site that the URL decodes to (www.vbill.biz) )

From: Visa Service (security () visa-security com)
Subject: Visa Security Update

Dear Sir/Madam,

We were informed that your credit card is used by another person or
stolen. It could happen if you have been shopping on-line, and someone
got your "Billing information" including your credit card number. To
avoid and prevent any further fraud and billing mistakes and to refund
your credit card, it is strongly recommended to proceed filling in the
secure form on our site and applying for our Zero Liability program.
Program is free and it will help us to confirm the fact of fraud and
investigate this accident as soon as possible.

[Link to: ...action=http://%77%77%77%2E%76%62%69%6C%6C%2E%62%69%7A
method=get
      target=_blank><INPUT type=submit value=Continue...>]

Sincerely yours, Visa Support Assistant, Alwin Desagun.

--
Andrew G. Thomas
Hobbs & Associates Chartered Accountants (SA)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html