Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Scam or SPAM ? : a trojan is on your computer!

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:35:52 +1300

"Rapaille Max" <Max.Rapaille () nbb be> wrote:

Is this know to you ?  FIrst time I see this one, but certainly widespread on the net.
It is sent with an Exe Attachment named remove-smss-patch.exe...
Attachment has been blocked, so I will not be able to forward it on request.
Is it a Spam or a try to install some Trojan and Ask for Ransom and run some RAket ?

The message text sounds very like those used by Sober.C.

Check a few of your favourite AV sites for detailed descriptions...

--
Nick FitzGerald
Computer Virus Consulting Ltd.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.