Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: OpenBSD 'pf' port (was FreeBSD heap to Linux)

From: David Maxwell <david () crlf net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:59:40 -0500

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 08:57:49AM -0700, Burnes, James wrote:
it's just that there are some projects
where I need a decent firewall to be co-resident with Linux.  IPTables
is not an option unless it's my only option.

Do you require co-residence in order to run some Linux software which is
non-open-source? You may not realize that NetBSD, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD
all support running Linux binaries. (In the Case of NetBSD, also
Solaris, BSDI, FreeBSD, Interactive Unix, and even... SCO ;-)

                                                        David

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html