Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Full-Disclosure] Re: hax0r target just because of silly autoresponder? (was: Nico Treu/METZLER ist außer Haus.)

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 01:01:36 -0500

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:02:44 +1300, Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>  said:
Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

And if MailMan wasn't configured to strip RFC822 headers, we'd also have a
nice
hint as to exactly which patchlevel of the offending MUA/MTA the site was r
unning,
so we could arm ourselves with suitable exploits.

And you don't think you'd get that information by sending him a message
directly, expecting a vacation notice??

Yeah, but you had to WORK for that info, rather than be gratuitously handed it
for free ;)