Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Sample of Mydoom A & B

From: Ben Nelson <lists () venom600 org>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:56:31 -0700

Nick FitzGerald wrote:
":-\)" <nirt_speed () yahoo com> wrote:

Ok I am a bit late into this game, been caught up doing other work in
office and skipped through the whole Mydoom experience.  I am hoping
someone here has a copy of Mydoom A and B.  If so, please contact me
off-line.  THANK YOU

Oh good, so another lamer can "accidentally" spread it further.

There is a very good rule of thumb regarding who needs virus samples -- if you need to ask on a public mailing list, newsgroup etc, you don't need them.

It's a bit like the "who should rule the universe" issue in the Hitch-
hiker's Guide...

Sounds a bit elitist to me.....this is "FULL DISCLOSURE" is it not? What about the researcher (or random curious student) who does not have a relationship with any 'hackers' or anti-virus vendors whom they could ask for virus samples?

--Ben

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html