Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Petition against VeriSlime's DNS abuse

From: Todd Vierling <tv () duh org>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:38:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Jonathan A. Zdziarski wrote:

: If you really want to fix this, we need to bring control of our root
: registry (yes it belongs to all of us) back into a non-commercial
: organization's control.

Please be clear about this:  "root registry" != ".COM/.NET registry".  The
"." domain "root" servers *are* under decentralized, and partly non-profit,
control.  Some of the root operators have publicly expressed disapproval
and/or disgust at VeriSign's move.

It's "GTLD-SERVERS.NET", which is owned by VeriSign and serves the "COM."
and "NET." zones, which have been futzed in this way.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv () duh org> <tv () pobox com>

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html