Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: IE Object Type Validation Vulnerability Exploit

From: Cael Abal <lists () onryou com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:15:33 -0400

http://morningwood.ethicsdesign.com/fucked4test.html
id that... who cares if its a trojan, you surely didnt think it was
benign??? i didnt click it knowing it was a <object tag exploit.. or try a
HEAD on the link first.. or even
nc -vv someurl.isp/link.html

*sigh*

If I didn't know better I might think you presented that link maliciously.

As for your criticism, I believe you misunderstood.  I wasn't warning
folks the script was malicious.  For anyone interested, I simply
*identified* the executable which was MakeVBSed into the .vbs file
Andreas posted to the list.  Symantec calls it 'Download.Trojan'.

Here's that link again:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/download.trojan.html

If you're unfamiliar with MakeVBS, you can learn more here:

http://rattlesnake.at.box.sk/newsread.php?newsid=7

Cheers,

Cael

---