Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: openssh remote exploit

From: Richard Johnson <rdump () river com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:48:24 -0600

In article <20030917132443.GA17620 () SDF LONESTAR ORG>,
 petard <petard () sdf lonestar org> wrote:

An exploit would certainly constitute such evidence. Have you seen
anything that indicates this bug is exploitable?

I'm beginning to suspect that compromises attributed to this bug on
Linux hosts were coincidental.  They could have happened via exploits
of other problems.  That's because no-one has any forensics data or
logs that indicate this particular bug as an attack route.

However, the chance is not worth taking in practice, so upgrade time it
is.

Richard

--
My mailbox. My property. My personal space. My rules. Deal with it.
                        http://www.river.com/users/share/cluetrain/

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html