Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: openssh remote exploit

From: KF <dotslash () snosoft com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:22:43 -0400

The apache chunked issue was not exploitable either...
http://www.securityfocus.com/news/493
*gobble gobble*

-KF

Mike Griffin wrote:
To quote the FreeBSD draft advisory taken from freebsd-security:
III. Impact

A remote attacker can cause OpenSSH to crash.  The bug is not believed
to be exploitable for code execution on FreeBSD.
--- excerpt ---

So it depends on your definition of remote hole. This doesn't appear to have potential for anything other than DoS.