Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: idea

From: John Sage <jsage () finchhaven com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:15:09 -0700

aw, shucks..

/* scuffs toe of shoe in dirt, embarrased.. */

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 11:43:31AM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 22:26:39 PDT, John Sage <jsage () finchhaven com>  said:

Thanks indeed for posting your interesting ideas, but I've just now
beaten you to it, and if you *do* write such a program, my army of
underworked, avaricious lawyers will sue the cr*p out of you, and
you'll be working for me for the rest of your life.

Actually, John... it's not as clear as all that.  Since D B had the
first *posting* on it, unless you could show clear proof that your
work preceded it, he'd have you. "just now beaten to it" is actually a
very bad phrase to use, because you'd have to fight the assertion that
you stole his idea and developed it first.

/* snip */

I know, I know...

I was just havin' a little fun wit' him...

- John
--
"Warning: time of day goes back, taking countermeasures."
John Sage

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html