Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: New Microsoft Internet Explorer mshtml.dll Denial of Service?

From: Tim <tim-security () sentinelchicken org>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 18:08:59 -0700

List with thousands of subcribers and use EZMLM + qmail that uses single
recipient delivery? huh, the server may need at least a dual DS3
to spit out those emails in time. Mailman+Python in this case is fine,
the problem is just the old slow insecure Sendmail.

Yes, sendmail must go.  No disagreements there.

As far as the single rcpt delivery goes... well, that's your opinion,
man.  It all depends on what you are interested in:  Saving a *little*
bandwidth, or getting your mail to subscribers quickly.  I personally
vote for the latter, but it is all up to the admins I suppose.

tim

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html