Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Patch Deployment

From: "Grabowski, David" <david.grabowski () us mizuho-sc com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:12:40 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Myers, Marvin [mailto:MRMyers () anteon com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 2:09 PM
To: full-disclosure () lists netsys com
Subject: [Full-disclosure] Patch Deployment

Anyone on the list have any experience with a product called
"PatchLink
Update? And if so do you mind sharing your experiences with it?

Tried it. They said it would do everything.

About all it did was crash most of our test workstations and install its
agent software that we couldn't easily remove.

We ended up dumping it and going with StBernard's UpdateExpert. We like
it.

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail, including its contents and attachments, if any, are confidential. It is neither an offer to
buy or sell, nor a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, any securities or any related financial instruments
mentioned in it. If you are not the named recipient please notify the sender and immediately delete it. You may not
disseminate, distribute, or forward this e-mail message or disclose its contents to anybody else. Unless otherwise
indicated, copyright and any other intellectual property rights in its contents are the sole property of Mizuho
Securities USA Inc.
     E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
     Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. We
make no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments. Please note that to
ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of our customers and business, we may monitor and read e-mails sent
to and from our server(s).

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html