Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: CyberInsecurity: The cost of Monopoly

From: Steve Wray <steve.wray () paradise net nz>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 17:27:07 +1200

Yeah you know, that has always been my theory as to why,
in Star Trek (and others), the control panels on starship
bridges sometimes explode with sparks and smoke for no better reason
than that some component on the outer hull got shot up by the
Klingons (or whoever); its an important feedback
mechanism ensuring that the operator knows that something
is very seriously wrong.

Now if only desktop PCs had such a system...

From: full-disclosure-admin () lists netsys com
[mailto:full-disclosure-admin () lists netsys com] On Behalf Of Cael Abal
[snip]
I believe I can safely say that easily 75% of my users would
recognize that their computer needed attention if it started billowing
huge
noxious clouds of black smoke.

Okay, 50% at a minimum.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.