Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: CyberInsecurity: The cost of Monopoly

From: Cael Abal <lists () onryou com>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 08:44:35 -0400

Yeah you know, that has always been my theory as to why,
in Star Trek (and others), the control panels on starship
bridges sometimes explode with sparks and smoke for no better reason
than that some component on the outer hull got shot up by the
Klingons (or whoever); its an important feedback
mechanism ensuring that the operator knows that something
is very seriously wrong.

Now if only desktop PCs had such a system...

Hi Steve,

You know, now that you mention it that makes perfect sense.

Although, keep in mind we're talking about MS machines here -- these machines will need to be capable of emitting a shower of sparks and smoke virtually non-stop.

Hmm. Actually, I think it might be fun to construct a spring-loaded BANG! type flag, triggered every time Dr. Watson or the current equivalent is executed.

take care,

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html