Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: M$ puts bounty out for Blaster and Sobig culprits

From: Patrick Dolan <dolan () cc admin unt edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:14:39 -0600

Should we do the same for the engineers who wrote Sendmail, Apache, OpenSSH,
etc, etc.?

I enjoy a little MS bashing as much as the next guy but everybody makes
mistakes.  The problem is with MS attitude towards efficient/effective
patching as well as users who don't know jack about security.

The average *nix user tends to be much more technically proficient in OS
managment because usually you have to be.