Full Disclosure mailing list archives

AW: About spamb strange characters

From: vogt () hansenet com
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 17:35:17 +0200

Edjumakating all these clueless MTA sysadmins that provide
spammers with
thousands of open relays would be the only way to do it IMHO.
Mind you, that's also as likely... may as well repeatedly
bang your head against the ISP's abuse@ auto-ignorer ;-)

You should see what finds its way into the abuse@ account. If the quality
of abuse reports were better, more could be done about it. I have seen:

* people complaining about pings
* people sending screenshots of their firewall popup (with none of the
  information that would help us)
* people sending us our WHOIS entry, with no further information
* automated complaints, and I don't mean anything useful, more along the
  lines of "for every spam I get, send I HATE YOU to the provider"
* someone even threatened us with a lawsuit because one of our dialup
  customers put an unflattering comment into his guestbook. The comment
  was along the lines of "you've got all these bright flashy colours here
  and that just looks ugly" - no swearwords, not personal insults, nothing.

So the problem is that dummies complaining about other dummies clog up
the pipes. Solution? I don't know, maybe shoot all the dummies.

Tom Vogt

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html