Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Adminstrivia: Digest Limits/Netiquette

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:05:07 -0400

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:23:47 +1300, Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>  said:

I'm fully in favour of "quoted-line to new content" ratio moderation.
Simply bounce any message with more quoted lines than non-quoted, or
whatever more or less harsh ratio you think is reasonable.  Messages
without "substantial" new content relative to quoted content are
generally (like 95-99%) not worth the bandwidth, storage space or
deletion time they "consume".

You do, of course, realize that sometimes a one-line "read THIS url"  suffices?

That's when you start seeing
slash-dot style
padding that's there
just to make more
new lines than original. Now I've got a 50/50 ratio. Barely.