Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Sql Injection big5 consultancy

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:39:50 -0500

I would report it to them.  It accomplishes several things; it
establishes your credibility vis a vis your qualifications, it
establishes your *honesty* (you were willing to warn them rather than
take advantage of it), it gives you an opportunity to see how *they*
will react when you warn them of an exploitable hole (do you really want
to work for a company that would ignore such obvious blunders?) and it
places you head and shoulders above their existing staff.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member