Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: AW: Windows Messenger Popup Spam on UDP Port 10 26

From: Gabe Arnold <f0x () squirrelsoup net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:07:27 -0400

I run off of RCN and they have recently blocked all outgoing port 25 traffic unless someone buys a static IP for
another
$20 a month.  Although I agree that blocking 25 outgoing is nice, I pay for internet access, not for access only
through
certain ports.  Due to the nature of my setup, I was getting a static IP anyways, but I think the $20 bucks is a lot.
In
the end the decision was deal with port 80 and 25 blocks or pay 20 a month.   I pay the 20, but I think I'm getting
nailed
in the ass.

--Gabe