Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Morning Wood Poll

From: Doug Stewart <doug () transformer qpalzm com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:20:27 +0000

It wouldn't be difficult to host attachments elsewhere and just put a link to
those who actually *want* to see/receive the file(s). Less hassle, because then
no one would complain about the attachments (no matter what they entailed), and
there wouldn't even be a chance of any risk. It just simply would not happen
unless by one's free choice.

Doug

Quoting KF <dotslash () snosoft com>:

 Chris Peden wrote:

I know how to use my delete key, although protected, I did not like the
fact morning_wood deliberately sent a post with a virus....

 Keeping in mind there is a difference between deliberately sending a
 virus maliciously vs. Sending it asking a question... so what he forgot
 to zip and password it... he now knows in the future the correct way to
 do so.

that to me is
very unprpofessional and is against everything we here stand for.  Maybe
a previous post asking who would be interested in receiving such a post,
and then emailing those people privately.

Maybe setup the list to deny attachments would do it?

 Comon now... be reasonable... there are legit attachments comming from
 this list...

Thanks,
-Chris-
IT Director