Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: YABBT [1] - Re: Zone Alarm

From: Michael Osten <mosten () bleepyou com>
Date: 04 Jun 2003 23:03:31 -0500

Which is not properly constructed and slightly inaccurate. Lets fill it in.

'A HW firewall can only block at the protocol level for an entire
machine but can not reliably deny access for one program and allow
access for another program when they are using like protocols from the
same machine.'

Well, that proves it.  You are much better at German to Gobbly-gook to
English translation than I am :)

Bad advice needs to be beat like a red-headed stepchild.  You won't see
me post often for the following reason:

1. If I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, I keep my mouth
shut, or in this case, I stop myself from typing.

2. I do not post to foreign language mailing lists.  It is hard enough
to get a point across in my native language.

Both are good reasons, might I suggest one more.

3. When I notice an error, omission, or bad advice I question or correct
it, not attack the provider of the information. Failing that I reference #1.

IMHO the initial reply failed to further anything and served no purpose.

Just to add more noise...I reject reason #3 just for the simple reason
that I reserve the right to scream "BITCH".  It is a sad day that I'm in
my 30's and quoting Eminem.

--
Michael Osten

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.