Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft wins Homeland Security Bid ( Reuters)

From: northern snowfall <dbailey27 () ameritech net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:12:19 -0500

I am not arguing with you.  I am just stating a point of fact.  An
unfortunate fact, but a fact nonetheless.
If you admit that it is unfortunate, you admit that something must change.
Don't accept problems. Solve them. Otherwise, you are the problem, too.

It is not the thinking that is
dangerous, it is the result of economic drivers that product development
companies place emphasis on and use to determine the focus of their
initiatives.
You've missed the point that we're not discussing economy. We are
discussing securing our American government's most security intensive
networks relative to a nation's infrastructure. In that fashion it
is *very* dangerous. If you can not see that, you shouldn't be in
this business. But, hey, DHS made the mistake, too. Hopefully, they
wont learn the hard way like the FBI did (to a lesser extent) with
CALEA.

Don

http://www.7f.no-ip.com/~north_

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.