Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: The worm author finally revealed!

From: "Douglas F. Calvert" <douglist () anize org>
Date: 01 Feb 2003 02:32:54 -0500

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 12:09, futureshoks () hushmail com wrote:
Because its not their call. I could write an EncryptoWidget for my company and have is using 1434/UDP - what right
does my ISP or any other carrier have to decide what ports I can and can't use?

They have every right, they are not a common carrier. You are renting
their infrastructure. If that is their policy you either take it or
leave it. That is the beauty of the free market. I don't want a provider
that does that but it is silly to assert some libertarian definition of
network traffic...

--
Douglas F. Calvert <douglist () anize org>
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.