Full Disclosure mailing list archives

List Charter

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (Boris Lorenz)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:18:23 +0200

Yup,

Alan Rouse wrote:

My interest is in the earliest possible warning of what the bad guys are
currently trying to do to systems like mine. I don't care who it comes
from, or whether it is presented in a businesslike manner, as long as it
contains useful information.  I'm interested in proof of concept code,
actual exploit code, artifacts from actual attacks, theoretical
vulnerabilities discovered by code reviews, defensive tactics, links to
ongoing discussions, educational q & a, or anything else that might make
me aware of potential mayhem and how to prepare for it.

I'm not interested in flame wars or philosophical arguments. They don't
help me do my job.

Spot on, Alan. bugtraq bashing and chit-chat about The Right Thing to do
can be refreshing at times, but that's not what my customers want whose
networks I have to protect. And that's not what I rate as useful
information.

I think we will have to wait another week or so till the dust has
settled a bit, and the new list shows in which direction it will go; if
the current flood of futile discussions keeps its tide, I will prolly
sign off.

Boris Lorenz <bolo () lupa de>
* Security Admin *nix - *nux *
---