Full Disclosure mailing list archives

default list reply-to: address

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (Roland Postle)
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:44:24 +0100

does the default reply to: HAVE to be the list address instead of the
individual that sent it? I assume this was a choice config option during
the list setup? I find my self wanting to reply only to the individual
the wrote the email however when reply or reply to all is clicked the
only address is full-disclosure () lists netsys com... can be a pain in the
arse if in a hurry ... I think I have sent some cute comments out at
least twice during a hasty reply.

For what it's worth, I prefer it that way. With the exception of
securityfocus' lists, all the mailing lists I'm on do it that way. It's what
I'm used to, and, since the majority of replies go to the list not the
individual who wrote the original post, it makes sense.

'Course, if you're the type that likes to flame everyone off-list without
stopping to consider who you're writing to it might not be so
convenient..... :p

The [Full-Disclosure] in the subject (that someone else objected to) I like
as well, but I don't have such good reasons. I just like it.

- Blazde