Full Disclosure mailing list archives

VulnWatch.Org Release

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (full-disclosure () lists netsys com)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:16:13 -0700

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 22:00:30 -0400 (EDT), full-disclosure () lists netsys com wrote:
Thanks for your concern and thank you for letting me know that I will
never be like Russ Cooper -- that is not my intent, please, I would rather
hang myself.

Well it does seem like your intent on that at least (hanging yourself). The predilection for it is painfully obvious
each and every time you open your mouth.

Win2KSecAdvice -- it served a purpose and it seems to have
died which is unfortunate but a reality of the commercialization of
mailing lists.

Unless I have missed my mark the purpose for your earlier list was to capitalize on it, which you did by selling it.
You’ve spent the rest of your rather lackluster career trying to start other endeavors you could match it on.

You are right about the Full-Disclosure list, it is a great list and
probably will continue to be one - providing the assclowns who keep
posting this garbage eventually go away.

Strange how vitriol is only unattractive when the mouth spewing it is someone else’s. From the looks of your talk at
Defcon you plan on doing much of the same on your ‘sell out’ talk. It makes sense though. When you have nothing of
technical merit to provide it’s easy to pick up an emotionally loaded subject and attempt to bolster your (remarkably
limited) credibility on it. Your write-up for the talk mentions you plan expose ‘dirty industry secrets’. You might
want to consider the amount of dirt you yourself have accumulated before you start casting stones. Keep that in mind
while you haul your copious girth onto the podium. It’s basic physics – each reaction has an equal and opposite
reaction.

As for the vulnerability
database, so what other open source vulnerability database exists?  I
would be very curious to know if there is another completely open source,
free vulnerability database out there.  I really have nothing to do with
OSVDB except for the fact that they are a part of the ISIS initiative.

It’s a bit of a shame that you’re a spokesperson for ISIS. It sounds like a noble initiative one that will not benefit
from your rampant stupidity.

So do you really have something to critisize about or are you just going
to continue on with the personal attack garbage that really gets nowhere?
If you truly have a valid concern of critisizm please feel free to email
me OFF LIST and we can discuss it.

You see Steve; the thing about taking you to task in public is that you invariably respond. When you do so you further
showcase your limited intellect. It’s like shooting fish in a barrel.

Communicate in total privacy.