IDS mailing list archives

Re: Re: I love the smell of whining in the morning...

From: wickedpokah () gmail com
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 07:21:11 -0700

This is what TP is referring to:

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/120709-ips-tests.html?hpg1=bn

I have seen the full report and it is fair to say that TP did very poor compared to the competition.  This is really no
surprise for those of us close to the industry who understand TP's heritage and approach.  exploit driven coverage with
limited evasion capabilities wrapped around a pretty UI is a recipe for security by obscurity.  Well, at least they
beat out Juniper :)

Oh and NSS is probably the best and most neutral IPS testing body out there by far.  This particular report is 100%
independent and extremely comprehensive (the best I've seen to date) and includes coverage, performance, Evasion, and
various TCO rankings.  I *highly* recommend you obtain the report if you are interested and have the money to do so...

Securing Your Online Data Transfer with SSL.
A guide to understanding SSL certificates, how they operate and their application. By making use of an SSL certificate
on your web server, you can securely collect sensitive information online, and increase business by giving your
customers confidence that their transactions are safe.
http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;5001;25;1371;0;1;946;9a80e04e1a17f194