IDS mailing list archives

Re: RootKits Under Linux

From: "Nathan Sportsman" <nsportsman () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 19:05:07 -0600

I believe hooking functions has become difficult in the 2.6 kernel,
because of the new syscall_table_description restrictions (its
hidden). I've heard of a few dirty methods to get around this and I
believe adore has a 2.6 version of their linux kernel module rootkit,
but I have not messed around with it.

Nathan Sportsman