IDS mailing list archives

RootKits Under Linux

From: "Ahmed Zaki" <ahmedmzaki () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:40:40 -0000

Hi all

       I am currently doing a project on rootkits under linux os. I am
specially interested in loadable kernel module rootkits. I wanted to know
where does research stand now in terms of detecting such rootkits. It would
be very helpful if you would be able to point me to resources where I gain
information on the diverse  variations of these rootkits and current
available methods of detecting them. Also if there are mechanisms that can
be used to totally avoid detection that would be used by rootkits.

Regards

Zeeq

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.coresecurity.com/index.php5?module=Form&action=impact&campaign=intro_sfw
to learn more.