IDS mailing list archives

Re: Firekeeper - IDS for Firefox available

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:28:22 -0600 (CST)

On 8 Mar 2007 Vijay.upadhyaya () gmail com wrote:
Something unique for sure. But such IDS/IPS for IE will certainly of more help since IE is been used by majority of
users and there are baking sites and financial sites along with many other sites recommneding IE 5.0 and above to be
used.

However if this kind of technology can be made Browser independant then it would be awesome.
Or may be support for IE here would certainly help.

Anyway its an excellent Idea and Kudos for implementing the same.

I shall certainly use it and revert back.

There is a commercial product by explabs.com which I have been very happy
with. Sits on the stack and filters out exploits. It also protects against
some unknowns.

Regards,
Vijay Upadhyaya

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.coresecurity.com/index.php5?module=Form&action=impact&campaign=intro_sfw
to learn more.