IDS mailing list archives

Re: IDS\IPS that can handle one Gig

From: "Ed Gibbs" <ed () digitalconclave com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 08:20:59 -0700

You're absolutely right - there needs to be IPS test standards. I would like to propose putting together a forum, and defining what the IPS test standards should be - is anyone interested? I would like to see several members from each IPS vendor involved. The result is that we create a set of procedures that provide guidance, and help someone determine which IPS is best for their environment.

Ed

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Harrington" <charrington () nitrosecurity com> To: <THolman () toplayer com>; <PPalmer () iss net>; <ed () digitalconclave com>; <prashant () juniper net>; <focus-ids () securityfocus com>
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 11:43 PM
Subject: RE: IDS\IPS that can handle one Gig

Let's have another vendor weigh in :)  See my comments in line.