IDS mailing list archives

Re: Replacing antivirus soft with a real IDS/IPS

From: Albert Gonzalez <albertg () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:39:54 -0500

CL,

You might want to take a look at coreForce[1].

From their "About" page.

CORE FORCE can be used to:
- Protect your computer from compromises by worms, virus and email-borne malware

- Prevent your computer from being used as a staging point to amplify
attacks and compromise others

- Prevent exploitation of known bugs in the operating system and
applications running on your computer

- Prevent exploitation of unknown bugs (0-day) in the operating system
and applications running on your computer

- Detect and prevent execution of adware, spyware, trojan horses and
other malware on you computer

HTH,
Albert Gonzalez

[1] http://force.coresecurity.com