IDS mailing list archives

Re: Security Traffic Simulator

From: "David W. Goodrum" <dgoodrum () nfr com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:47:35 -0400

At NFR, we do performance testing using products like Web Avalanche and Web Reflector. There are other producst such as Flame Thrower and others out there to do this type of testing. If you want to do detection testing, see the previous thread where we discuss things like Core Impact, Canvas, IDS Informer, metasploit and others.

Is this what you're talking about?

-dave

David W. Goodrum
(nfr)(security)
http://www.nfr.com

Alexandre Soares wrote:

Hi All,

For many months I work using Darpa Traffic off-line test bed, but I think the best way out is development my new models using a simulator, like NS (network simulator) to generate any environment, but I don't know the existence of this simulator anyone know a simulator to development a serius work ?

Stop hurting your network!

The NeVO passive vulnerability sensor continuously finds vulnerabilities, applications and new hosts without the need for network scanning. It also finds compromised systems with application-based intrusion detection. Go to http://www.tenablesecurity.com/products/nevo.shtml to learn more. --------------------------------------------------------------------------