IDS mailing list archives

Re: free hIDS, or system assessment tools

From: Graeme Connell <gconnell () middlebury edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:32:23 -0400

Wow, broad question. The quick answer: YES. There are MANY tools of both types that you've mentioned. Here are a few Host / NIDS things you might want to take a quick look at:

AIDE (Advanced Intrusion Detection Environment): Host based IDS like Tripwire Prelude: Hybrid IDS with modules that can act as log monitors, NIDS, etc.

There are, I stress, MANY more options for you. Try going to Freshmeat.net and searching for "host ids" to get a few more options.

      --Graeme Connell

Fahad Al-Suwais wrote:

Dear...

As I know snort is nIDS, nessus is network assessment tool

But Is there any free System Assessment tools for windows and *nix
Is there any free System or host IDS for windows and *nix

Please if you know any products let me know

Regards,

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708 to learn more.