IDS mailing list archives

Re: Counter detect Network Sniffer

From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman () seekingfire com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 12:20:22 -0600

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 12:52:58PM -0800, Vel wrote:
How can a sniffer be run in non-promiscuous mode ?

Is that not the first criteria of being a sniffer. Running in Promisc' mode
?

Run it on a gateway.

-T

--
One day a student of the great Master Nasrudi passes by his house and finds
him on his knees, rummaging in the grass. "What are you doing, sir?" "I'm

Free 30-day trial: firewall with virus/spam protection, URL filtering, VPN,
wireless security

Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro
Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six
applications in one software solution for ease of use and lower total cost of
ownership.

Download your free trial at
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_focus-ids_040301