IDS mailing list archives

Re: Anomaly Based Network IDS

From: "Bharat Bhushan" <bharatb () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:14:49 +0000

Is any one using a Genetic Algorithm based IDS? I developed a IDS for my masters degree that was based on Immunogenetic approach. i.e. replicating the human immune system to detect anomaly in network traffic data using Genetic Algorithm. The results weren't too bad. I am happy to discuss my project in detail if anyone is interested.

I am wondering if there any 'real' products out there that use GA.

Regards,

- Bharat.