IDS mailing list archives

RE: Hi, I want to study IPS

From: Chatprechakul Mr N <n.chatprechakul () cranfield ac uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:37:30 +0100

Hello,
I think testing with dataset from place like Lincoln labs is still useful
because other people use it. So it allow you to compare the performance with
others. And the method of collecting proper traffic for testing is time
consuming and as you might have to document each attack. Using available
dataset provide quick and easy way to get your system tested. However, I
agree that dataset can be consider very old (internet time), I wish they
continue producing the dataset and keeping it up to date.

regards,
Nattapon Chatprechakul