IDS mailing list archives

need your help,thanks

From: "Lily" <xiaoche111 () hotmail com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:37:22 +0800

hi,all
    I am a youngling in IDS.I read some papers in network this days and the more I read the little I understand.Because
there are so many researching area in IDS and I dont know what I'll do.There are some questions below:
    1.If the false alarm rates have being resloved now?I think its a essential premise of the area of "response
mechanism of IDS" that I want to research,do you think so?
    2.Has someone firsthand used a data mining tool just like C5 to reduce some data and make a conclusion about
anomaly detection?Do you think it is advisable?
    Could you please help me?Thank you in advance.

Regards

Lily