IDS mailing list archives

Re: Host Based IDS Recommendations?

From: "edward gonzales" <egon007 () msn com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:11:14 -0700

Symantec has Intruder Alert 3.6 (formerly made by Axent) with agents for Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, RH 7.x and Windows. They also have their new Symantec Host IDS 4.x products, but not all of the unix varients are out yet.

> I would like to find out for Windows boxes if there are any
> recommendations for Host based IDS, i know that for unix there is AIDE,
> linux, tripwire. What are the solutions for Windows machines? Would
> running a software IDS that is capable of monitoring and protecting the
> file systems a la tripwire with signed hashes kept in removable media be
> sufficient? If there are, what are the usual suspects for host based IDS
> that is used prevalently in industry? I'm hoping for both free and
> commercial solutions

Compare Cable, DSL or Satellite plans: As low as $29.95. https://broadband.msn.com

FREE Whitepaper: Better Management for Network Security

Looking for a better way to manage your IP security?
Learn how Solsoft can help you:
- Ensure robust IP security through policy-based management
- Make firewall, VPN, and NAT rules interoperable across heterogeneous
networks
- Quickly respond to network events from a central console

Download our FREE whitepaper at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Solsoft_focus-ids_031015 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------