IDS mailing list archives

Re: Host Based IDS Recommendations?

From: "Simon Gray" <simong () desktop-guardian com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:13:48 +0100

I would like to find out for Windows boxes if there are any
recommendations for Host based IDS, i know that for unix there is AIDE,
linux, tripwire. What are the solutions for Windows machines? Would
running a software IDS that is capable of monitoring and protecting the
file systems a la tripwire with signed hashes kept in removable media be
sufficient? If there are, what are the usual suspects for host based IDS
that is used prevalently in industry? I'm hoping for both free and
commercial solutions

Theres a company called Trustcorps whom provide a commercial solution to
what i believe you're looking for:

http://www.trustcorps.com/

"Intrusion Prevention technology such as TRUSHIELD™ is designed to not only
detect activities on the server that could damage data or that are
unauthorised activities, but stops them dead in their tracks. Where
Intrusion detection stops, IPS takes over, to ensure that critical systems
are as highly protected as possible from the threats of known and unknown
security attacks."

Captus Networks IPS 4000
Intrusion Prevention and Traffic Shaping Technology to:
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
 - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security & Performance Policies
FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit - WhitePapers - Live Demo
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CaptusNetworks_focus-ids_000101